Top 10 beaches in Asia: Boracay, Andaman Islands and Krabi home to winners
By Rachael Wheeler
18 April 2014
With Hong Kong being so close to hundreds of gorgeous beaches, narrowing down a seaside holiday can get pretty difficult (first-world problems, anyone?). So it’s interesting – and handy – to discover which of our Asian neighbours are home to the whitest sand, the bluest oceans and, er, other lovely beach-related things.
And according to TripAdvisor’s Travellers’ Choice Beaches Awards – based on reviews and ratings across the last 12 months – India, Thailand and the Philippines are very much leading the way. China gets a look in, but otherwise the beaches in this trio of countries appear to be the absolute business.
Check out the winners below, and have a flick through all the photos for some serious holiday inspiration above.
Top 10 Beaches in Asia:
1. White Beach, Boracay, Philippines
2. Radhanagar Beach, Havelock Island (Andaman Islands), India
3. Agonda Beach, Agonda, India
4. Secret Lagoon Beach, El Nido, Philippines
5. Nai Harn Beach, Karon, Thailand
6. Yapak Beach (Puka Shell Beach), Boracay, Philippines
7. Railay Beach, Krabi, Thailand
8. Yalong Bay, Sanya, China
9. Cavelossim Beach, Cavelossim, India
10. Phra Nang Beach, Ao Nang, Thailand
Top 10 Beaches in the World:
1. Baia do Sancho, Fernando de Noronha, Brazil
2. Grace Bay, Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
3. Flamenco Beach, Culebra, Puerto Rico
4. Rabbit Beach, Lampedusa, Italy
5. Whitehaven Beach, Whitsunday Island, Australia
6. Playa de ses Illetes, Formentera, Spain
7. Anse Lazio, Praslin Island, Seychelles
8. Lanikai Beach, Kailua, Hawaii
9. Rhossili Bay, Swansea, Wales
10. Playa Norte, Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Tags : Hong Kong: Beach holiday
Enjoy this? Get stuck into more Asia
Hong Kong is a great base to visit some surprising places on the mainland
Chaotic and colourful and less than four hours from Hong Kong
Hong Kong-based photographer Belinda Bath had been hoping to see India's Holi festival for four years
Is Cappadocia Turkey’s most beautiful asset?
October to December are the best months for being outdoors in Japan
There's something for everyone on this beautiful island
While Hong Kong is no doubt one of the most exciting places to live but sometimes you’ll just feel the need to escape. Here are our suggestions of where to do just that
On our recent trip to Yilan in Taiwan we came across this a hotel that we think the kids will love even more than the parents
One of the ten top beaches in the world? Apparently so, and that’s just for starters. VERNE MAREE finds out what makes The Datai Langkawi on Malaysia’s Datai Beach an unforgettable experience.
Our review of this casino-free Macau resort that caters to families in need of a short break getaway