Exotic weddings: Indonesia's island resorts in Bintan for your nuptials
13 July 2015
Celebrate love, life and romance at Bintan Resorts, against the azure backdrop of the South China Sea. Not only do the island’s breathtaking coastal views and verdant tropical surrounds provide a heavenly backdrop for a wedding (and for wedding photography!), but it also means that there’s no need to travel to your honeymoon destination – you’re already there!
A wide range of wedding packages is available at the various resorts on Bintan, or, if you’ve already tied the knot, choose one of the many romance packages instead. Here’s a selection of just a few of both.
This unique collection of 30 villas and suites, located on one of the most spectacular beaches in the region, is the first luxury property to open on Bintan in more than 10 years.
The Sanchaya’s Romance Package (available Sundays to Thursdays) comprises a one-night stay in a Thai-style Lawan Village Suite or a Junior Sea View Suite, with extras such as express immigration and transfers, welcome drinks, breakfast in your suite or by the pool and beach, and a romantic, beachside three-course dinner for two, with a glass of champagne per person. From US$882 per night, until 31 December 2015 (subject to availability and excluding public holidays).
For happy couples tying the knot, the Wedding Package (US$3,850 per couple) offers everything for the big day, from accommodation in a luxurious One-Bedroom Villa, to round-trip private limousine service in Singapore, a ceremonial wedding celebrant, floral decorations for the ceremonial area and aisle, a wedding cake, bride and groom bouquets, massage treatments, a romantic dinner, a traditional gamelan music performance, breakfast in bed, and more.
Additional options include dining for up to 72 guests, a wedding coordinator, makeup and hair services, sunset cruise with canapés and Prosecco, photo and video services, and even fireworks.
+62 6221 0806, firstname.lastname@example.org, thesanchaya.com
Nestled on the white sands of Tanjung Said Bay, overlooking the South China Sea, Angsana Bintan is a wonderful wedding location. The resort offers a range of wedding themes to choose from, including:
* “Charming Elegance”; white-and-gold weddings are extremely elegant and well suited to all hues and textures, from the gold bands in the ring box to the sparkling white wine against the sunlight.
* “Timeless Classic”; celebrate your union with a white-and-red theme that never goes out of style. Red roses say love better than anything else, and they contrast perfectly with all shades of white, from ivory to cream.
* “Whimsical Magic”; transform your wedding into a magical fairyland, with flowers in pink, purple, lilac and all shades in between, and with a glass-cradled matrimonial candle as a floral centrepiece.
Both the Beachfront Wedding Package and the Santai Deck Wedding Package are priced from US$2,688 per couple, including two nights’ accommodation in a One-Bedroom Suite, a wedding cake, breakfasts, a special dining experience, spa treatments, transfers, gifts and certificates, and much more.
Banyan Tree Bintan, the island’s only all-villa establishment, offers beautifully decorated villas in traditional Balinese style, each raised on stilts and set on a hillside overlooking the sea – an ideal setting for reciting your vows.
Banyan Tree’s Villa Wedding Package and Hole 8 Wedding Package are available from US$3,688 per couple, and both packages include the following:
* Two nights’ accommodation in a Banyan Pool Villa – One Bedroom
* Breakfast for two in the privacy of your villa or at Tree Tops restaurant
* Elegant floral decoration for ceremony setup, bridal bouquet and groom buttonhole
* One-tier wedding cake
* A framed wedding certificate by Banyan Tree Gallery, and a special wedding gift
* Romantic “Intimate Moments” villa decoration
* An atmospheric dining experience in a private location by the sea, with a bottle of wine
* Land transfers and express immigration clearance on Bintan
* 60-minute spa massage and 30-minute calm time session for the newlyweds.
The same wedding themes on offer at sister resort Angsana Bintan (see above) are available at Banyan Tree, for you to customise the look and feel of your big day.
The Wedding Consultants at Nirwana Gardens focus on the intricate details of your wedding, leaving you to enjoy the ceremony and celebrations. And with Nirwana’s variety of outdoor spaces and adventure facilities, you can customise the experience to make it even more memorable. Keen on an intimate sunset solemnisation on the beach, for example, or a grander affair in the Nirwana Villa? How about a bridal entrance on horseback, or a groom’s entrance by jet ski? All are possible – even timing your wedding weekend with the release of baby turtles into the sea.
Regular inclusions in wedding packages at Nirwana include:
* Round-trip private land transfers in Bintan
* Two nights in a Nirwana Suite or Indra Maya Pool Villa
* Romantic floral turn-down service and one-hour massage for the wedding couple
* Wedding carriage for the arrival of the bride
* Themed wedding ceremony, bridal bouquet and three-tiered wedding cake
* Intimate sunrise breakfast and romantic dinner
* Complimentary bottle of champagne and wishing lanterns
* Complimentary room for wedding helpers.
What’s more. Nirwana’s culinary team can prepare a feast for any number of guests, based on your selection from carefully curated menus. Complimentary flow of soft drinks and beer (minimum 30 guests) is included for the luncheon or dinner reception, too.
The only thing left is to wake in the privacy of your own villa and lounge in the morning sun by your private pool.
BINTAN LAGOON RESORT
Bintan Lagoon Resort is an Indonesian-style, 470-room resort set on 310 hectares of manicured gardens (and two 18-hole championship golf courses), with a private, golden sand beach that stretches nearly 1.5km. It’s the perfect backdrop for a spa-themed getaway for a couple, and you’ll find a range of romance packages available from the resort.
The “Rejuvenate & Stay” package (from S$128 per person), for instance, includes a signature Javanese massage at the Kedaton Spa, and one night’s accommodation in a Deluxe Room; you’ll also enjoy transfers on Bintan, and buffet breakfasts at Flavours Café.
Keep an eye out for other packages and promotions, along with romance-themed “challenges” that the resort offers from time to time, including a Cupid’s Arrow Challenge and a Romantic Poem Challenge.
Enjoy this? Get stuck into more Asia
Hong Kong is a great base to visit some surprising places on the mainland
Chaotic and colourful and less than four hours from Hong Kong
Hong Kong-based photographer Belinda Bath had been hoping to see India's Holi festival for four years
Is Cappadocia Turkey’s most beautiful asset?
October to December are the best months for being outdoors in Japan
There's something for everyone on this beautiful island
While Hong Kong is no doubt one of the most exciting places to live but sometimes you’ll just feel the need to escape. Here are our suggestions of where to do just that
On our recent trip to Yilan in Taiwan we came across this a hotel that we think the kids will love even more than the parents
One of the ten top beaches in the world? Apparently so, and that’s just for starters. VERNE MAREE finds out what makes The Datai Langkawi on Malaysia’s Datai Beach an unforgettable experience.
Our review of this casino-free Macau resort that caters to families in need of a short break getaway